Cory Monteith was a Canadian actor, singer, and drummer best known for his portrayal of Finn Hudson in the television series Glee.
He was born on May 11, 1982, in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Monteith had a troubled adolescence, struggling with substance abuse from a young age and leaving school at 16.
However, at the age of 19, he entered drug rehabilitation after an intervention by family and friends.
Monteith’s breakthrough role came in 2009 when he was cast as Finn Hudson in Glee, a popular musical comedy-drama series.
His portrayal of Finn Hudson earned him critical acclaim and a dedicated fan base. He appeared in the first four seasons of the show.
Monteith’s performance in Glee showcased his singing and acting talents and he became a beloved figure in the entertainment industry.
Tragically, on July 13, 2013, Monteith passed away at the age of 31 in a Vancouver hotel room due to a drug overdose involving a combination of heroin and alcohol.
His death shocked fans and the entertainment community, and he was mourned by many.
Monteith’s passing led to an outpouring of tributes and remembrances from his co-stars, friends, and fans.
Despite his untimely death, Monteith’s legacy lives on through his work in Glee and the impact he had on the show’s viewers.
He is remembered for his talent, charm, and the joy he brought to audiences through his performances.
Monteith’s story also serves as a reminder of the struggles of addiction and the importance of seeking help and support.
Cory Monteith cause of death
Monteith, a Canadian actor best known for his role in the TV series “Glee,” died on July 13, 2013, at the age of 31.
The cause of his death was a drug overdose from a combination of heroin and alcohol.
The autopsy report stated that Monteith died from “mixed drug toxicity” consisting of heroin and alcohol and that his death appeared to have been accidental.
Monteith had a history of substance abuse, which began when he was 13 years old.
He left school at age 16 and entered drug rehabilitation at age 19 after an intervention by family and friends.
In March 2013, he again sought treatment for addiction. Monteith’s death was a tragic loss, and it highlighted the dangers of substance abuse and addiction.
Cory Monteith autopsy
According to the official report from the British Columbia Coroner, Monteith died of “combined heroin and alcohol toxicity”.
He had struggled with substance abuse for most of his adult life and had recently been admitted to rehab.
On the night of his death, he had taken heroin and drank alcohol shortly after he had gone to rehab in an effort to manage his substance use.
Since he had been abstinent, an amount of heroin that he might have thought his body could handle was actually lethal.
The final coroner’s report said; “Mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol”.
Dr Jason Payne-James explained that Monteith was tragically unaware that his central nervous system was already compromised because of the amount of alcohol he had consumed throughout the evening.
Fresh from his month in rehab, he had lost the tolerance he built up after his long use.
Deaths like Monteith’s are especially sad because they come just when it seems like they’re out of the woods.